Manual Handling Instructor Course
The Manual Handling Instructors Course leads to a QQI Special Purpose Certificate in Manual Handling Instruction Level 6 (6S0242). It is a five-day course delivered in two modules over two-three weeks and is suitable for up to ten participants. We provide this course for organisations who wish to train a group of employees to be manual handling instructors. Successful participants will receive a QQI level 6 award in ‘Manual Handling Instruction’.
The main aim of the manual handling instructor-training course is to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and deliver effective training courses in manual handling in the workplace.
Course participants should preferably be in a supervisory or management role in their work area in order to have the authority and credibility to deliver effective training courses and to facilitate change in handling practices when necessary.
They should have good communication skills and be interested in doing the course.
The course content covers all the topics required to achieve the learning outcomes in the QQI standard ‘Instructing Manual Handling’ and includes:
- Information on relevant health and safety legislation
- Information on the structure and function of the back and on how to keep the back healthy
- Information on how injuries may occur and on how to prevent injuries occurring
- The relevance of ergonomics to manual handling tasks
- Manual handling assessments and implementation of control measures
- Principles of safer handling
- Practical inanimate handling techniques
- Problem solving skills for more complex handling tasks
- Use of a range of manual handling equipment
- Presentation/Instructional skills
Each participant will receive a comprehensive set of course notes and a sample training presentation pack.
OPS offer validated programmes leading to QQI awards
For further information and to book a place on these courses please contact us on 01 – 2885855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org