The people handling instructor update course is a one day course and is suitable for current instructors who wish to update their knowledge and skills in order to keep abreast of current developments in the area.
Course 1: 11 April 2014
Course 2: 17 October 2014
The main aim of the people handling instructors update course is to update existing patient/people handling instructors on recent developments in the area of people handling training.
Course participants must be FETAC level 6 people/patient handling instructors.
Topics which will be covered
- The new HSE National Manual Handling and People Handling Policy
- Use of the HSE eLearning ‘Manual Handling Awareness Programme’
- Guidance for training in the use of hoists and a hoist training checklist
- Introduction to some new people handling equipment and aids
- Revision of a selection of people handling techniques
Why you should attend
- Enhance your knowledge, practical skills and knowledge of available equipment
- CPD-accredited professional update for practitioners
- Expert analysis and solutions from leading practitioners
- Review of safe practices and use of equipment for different client groups and situations
- Sharing best practice through peer review