People Handling Instructor Course
People Handling Instructor Course leads to a QQI Special Purpose Certificate in People Handling Instruction Level 6 (6S0243). This course is for individuals who wish to provide patient/people handling instruction in the workplace. It is a nine-day, interactive course which is delivered in four modules over six weeks. Successful participants will receive a QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Certificate in People Handling Instruction. This certificate incorporates the two components – Manual Handling Instruction and People Handling Instruction.
We also provide in-house courses for organisations who wish to train a group of employees to provide patient handling instruction within the organisation.
The course aims to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and deliver effective training courses in manual handling and in patient handling in the health and social care context.
- Candidates must have experience with handling patients/clients in a health or social care context
- They would preferably have a nursing or therapy background
- They need to have good communication skills in order to have the confidence to deliver effective training at all levels of the organisation.
The course content covers all the topics required to achieve the learning outcomes in the QQI standards ‘Instructing Manual Handling’ and ‘Instructing People Handling’ and includes:
- Information on relevant health and safety, human rights and disability legislation
- Information on the structure and function of the spine and on how to keep the spine healthy
- Information on how injuries may occur and on how to prevent injuries occurring
- The relevance of ergonomics to manual handling and patient handling tasks
- Manual handling assessments and implementation of control measures
- People handling assessments and handling plans
- Principles of safer handling
- Practical inanimate handling techniques
- Practical people handling techniques
- Problem solving skills
- Use of a range of manual handling and patient handling equipment
- Presentation/Instructional skills
Each participant will receive a comprehensive set of course notes and a sample training presentation pack.
For further information and to book a place on these courses please contact us on 01 – 2885855 or email email@example.com