OPS programmes for a manual handling instructors course and for a people handling instructors course have been validated by FETAC. Our first people handling instructors course leading to FETAC Level 6 certification for successful candidates commenced in Autumn 2010.
New FETAC Standards for Instructor Training in the areas of Manual Handling and People Handling have been published.
- On March 31st 2010 FETAC (Further Education and Training Awards Council) released two new standards in the area of manual handling instruction and people handling instruction.
- The new standards are available below and also can be downloaded from the FETAC website www.fetac.ie
- The code for the component Instructing Manual Handling is 6N0233
- The code for the component People Handling Instruction is 6N0234
- These standards were developed over the past three years by a committee of the Health and Safety Authority in conjunction with FETAC. OPS was represented on this committee and was involved with the development of the new standards.
- Any company or organisation providing instructor-training courses in manual handling or in people handling must be a FETAC registered training provider and deliver FETAC validated programmes.
- Successful participants on these instructor courses will then receive a FETAC level 6 certificate in manual handling instruction, or in people handling instruction, or both.